toshiba 50H81 touch focus error

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
eiselhomes

toshiba 50H81 touch focus error

Postby eiselhomes » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:19 am

Our Tv (2001) has a color alignment problem, mostly on the bottom half of the screen. It seems that just the green has shifted up, not in a straight line but in a curved fashion. There is a button on the front of the tv that says touch focus. When we press that, it goes through a series of steps where you see 2 horizontal and vertical lines in red, then blue, then green. The red and blue seem to be fine, straight. The bottom horizontal green line is curved is curved, the top horizontal green line is straight. After it completes its sequence, it then flashes "touch focus error". This is a hand me down tv, so we don't have a manual or remote. It's been in our basement for over a year with no problems. The bulb was replaced shortly before we inherited it. There doesn't seem to be any unusual noises or other problems. It was fine one night and the next night this problem appeared. Haven't opened the back yet to investigate anything but I'm hoping for some guidance as to what to look for. Thanks

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: toshiba 50H81 touch focus error

Postby BYO » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi,

This is a sync issue, something is going wrong between receiving the analog signal from any input to the projection. It could be a Digital Board or a DMD issue, since this are the ones that creates the image, at this point I would try to change the digital board first and hope that will solve it. If not I will definitely try the DMD after that. :P
[color=#40FF40]Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see. [/color]

Return to “Toshiba DLP Discussion”