72hm195 do i need a light engine?? please help :-(

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
tboz636

72hm195 do i need a light engine?? please help :-(

Postby tboz636 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:43 am

hello i have a 72hm195 I love it had to replace the bulb got it from a pretty reputable place from what i herd .
after about a week it started developing a issue a blue line on the bottom after about a hr the blue line makes it all the way to the top of the screen it dose this on all inputs also have a strobe like flicker i get a fast yellow led blinking after the TV is turned off called Toshiba they said it was on quick start up mode ?? something about the TV staying in dormant mode idk any help would be great ;)
Photo0066.jpg
Photo0066.jpg (221.14 KiB) Viewed 6776 times

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: 72hm195 do i need a light engine?? please help :-(

Postby grayfox » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:06 pm

Hello T-boz,
When the good people at toshiba told you it was on "quick start" they were referring to an ignition mode where you do not need to wait the first couple of seconds everytime you turn on your TV, because in this mode in a way keeps your lamp warm -if you will- for quick start up, this saves time in re-starting your lamps but can diminish the hourly lifetime of your lamp a bit.

As for the crawling blue distortion you are receiving, I need to ask if it affects the TV menus as well? if it does, and also the rest of the inputs as you mentioned, it will most likelly be a DMD board issue. Hope this helps!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Toshiba DLP Discussion”