Samsung DLP Signal Input Problem

Satellite and Cable Boxes including DVR and TIVO, media center recording devices etc.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ko18
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung DLP Signal Input Problem

Postby ko18 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:29 pm

Recently replaced the lamp and color wheel in my HLN5065WX. When TV is turned on, I get sound only from my Direct TV box connected to ANT1 for several seconds, then get a "searching for signal " message. I confirmed I am not getting signal on ANT1, ANT2, VID1,2 and 3 or S-Video inputs. But, DVD thru component video works fine, as does all menu displays.
The Satellite box only has analog and s-video outputs so I cannot connect to component too. Ideas anyone???

Eddie

Re: Samsung DLP Signal Input Problem

Postby Eddie » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:58 pm

Have you tried hooking the directtv box up to another TV in the house? that might further help solve your problem as it could be the box, the video board, or the cables at this point. Swap cables too where you can and try to eliminate as many possibilities as possible.
--

Eddie

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:08 pm

I've moved this to the cable boxes forum for the time being. If we find that it's the television, I'll move it back!
--

Eddie

ko18
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ko18 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:41 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried another TV with original cables and that TV worked fine. I'm sure its not the satellite box. More detail on symptoms: TV source menu shows which inputs are connected as normal. When TV is turned on, I get audio (from the satellite) for several seconds, as the lamp is warming up. Then the searching for signal appears just about when the lamp seems to be warmed up and turning on. I do have a HD satellite box I'm going to try that has component outputs, hopefully will get picture. The fact that the DVD to component inputs' picture looks so good makes me believe I did the lamp/color wheel work correctly.

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:52 pm

Did you try that HD satellite box? I'm still a little puzzled as to why there's no video if you've got everything plugged in okay. I'd think it would be the set top box if you get some sort of picture and read out from the box at all. My other suspicion is that it could be the video board... very slight possibility for that though.

Please keep us updated and I'll move this to the correct forum to help others with your problem!
--

Eddie

ekolstedt
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ekolstedt » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:50 pm

Sounds like the same problem I'm having only I'm dealing with cable instead of satellite

ko18
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ko18 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:37 am

Well, made an appointment for in home service. BUT, went back in, checked things out, pushed every connector in sight , and voila!
Everythings OK. Go figure, apparently when moving boards around when changing the color wheel a connector came partially loose.
Good lesson when doing surgery. Thanks for the help.

Return to “Satellite and Cable Boxes”