Panasonic DVD Player

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Eddie

Panasonic DVD Player

Postby Eddie » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:14 pm

I have a 5 disc Panasonic DVD player that up-converts to 1080p. It's a pretty sweet device and the upconversion was pretty good before the new generations came out. After I moved a few months ago I started having some issues with the unit. I found it on the bargain rack at Best Buy for $90 bucks complete with 5.1 surround system so it was definitely worth it 2 years ago, but now there seems to be a problem with it:

Sometimes when you put in a DVD it zooms in about 200% of the screen and you can push any of the buttons -- like the unit stops responding to commands. I'm pretty sure it's a software error, but the only way to fix it is to pull the plug. It's such a weird problem and I haven't found anything like that on the internet yet. I'm hoping my own forum can help me solve this problem. I'm almost thinking the life of the player is just over. It still functions about 80% of the time, so I'm keeping it. the audio AUX still works too, so at the very least, if not as a DVD player, I can use it as a receiver to power audio for my devices.

This is my second Panasonic DVD player that has decided to slowly die on me. My first was a similar model I bought used and it started throwing some weird error code that drove me nuts. Online it said to replace the mother board of the unit. That's nuts because it costs just as much for a new unit as it does to send it out for repair!

Does anyone ever have a problem with stuff like this? And even better, does anyone have a solution?
--

Eddie

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Panasonic DVD Player

Postby grayfox » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:42 pm

Eddie,
wow there is a whole bunch of website dedicated to Panasonic dvd problems... :(

the most thorough one I found is called "Panasonic dvd players - the history behind the problem" !!! :roll:
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:56 pm

polkjhydvrg,
You have been warned!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

grodayarera
Contributor
Contributor

Panasonic DVD Player

Postby grodayarera » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:36 pm

If u feel its sumfin to do with nero, why not try another program such as imgburn?

grodayarera
Contributor
Contributor

Panasonic DVD Player

Postby grodayarera » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:12 pm

Use a tool called MPEGModifier and unpack the bitstream from those files, will take a few minutes instead of re-encoding. Then try them in your DivX player.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:57 pm

grodayarera,

I dont understand how your comments are fit to this discussion...???

Thanks!!!

grodayarera
Contributor
Contributor

Panasonic DVD Player

Postby grodayarera » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:51 pm

I burned a dvd using nero vision 4, and the dvd works on the computer and playstation. But my dvd player cannot read the disc. I know its not the dvd, because Ive tried with 4 different blank dvds, and theyre still not working. Also, I used the same type of dvd to burn on another computer, using Roxio, and those work fine, so Im not sure what the problem is. I have a feeling it has something to do with Nero, but I cant figure out what Im doing wrong. Can someone help? Thanks

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Hello!

if you ps3 plays it then the region is fine, when y ou put it in your PC does it give you 2 file folders named VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS??

Return to “DVD players”