FOR EVERYONE WITH A BROKEN GAME CONSOLE

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
moose916
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

FOR EVERYONE WITH A BROKEN GAME CONSOLE

Postby moose916 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:50 pm

hello everyone at fixyourdlp.com game console section of the forum i am just posting for people that have Nintendo Wii, SONY PLAYSTATION 3, MICROSOFT XBOX 360 alot of people dont know that once these systems accumulate dust the air flow is squeezed shut thus causing systems to overheat and the soldering connections separate. keep your system its not over. Nintendo Wii failure is uncommon to breaking down but it happens. Now with XBOX360 is pretty common with CODES and RED RINGS OF DEATH, which is a overheating issue. REFLOWING THE MOTHERBOARD IS NEEDED!!!!!!!! if it doesn't read discs go to xboxslave.com for materials needed to repair xbox360s.

Now the SONY PLAYSTATION 3 if you get the YELLOW LIGHT OF DEATH, which alot of people mistake it for a power source failure in reality its just an overheating issue like the RROD for the 360 in which The MOTHERBOARD WILL ALSO NEED REFLOW there are many tutorials on youtube.com but the best one is GILSKY. look on google or go to ebay for ps3 parts.

To REFLOW you will need a heat gun that you can get from a hardware store like home depot that reaches 750 degrees F to 1000 degrees F and once taking apart the system make sure to clean out all the dust with rubbing alcohol which will unrestrict airflow you will also need ARCTIC SILVER #5 Thermal Compound you can get from radio shack and a T-10 TORX screwdriver, a phillips screwdriver, needle-nose pliers, and a magnet rod to get the screws not easily reached. and the rest on youtube it really works.

REFLOW works to use the heat gun to re-weld the soldering connections in the motherboard after that put your system back together and thats it. if you have any questions feel free to send a reply.

if your consoles' fans are running higher than normal it may just need the dust cleaned out..

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: FOR EVERYONE WITH A BROKEN GAME CONSOLE

Postby grayfox » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:30 pm

I did this to my older PS3 I purchased on the release date (20GB no Wi-Fi). With just a heat gun and some PC board heat conducting gel and it worked perfectly after. On youtube you can also find how to upgrade the memory on this 1st gen PS3. I upgraded the memory to 250 GB! back playing Metal Gear Solid 4!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Game Systems”