Tv MADE CRACKLE NOISE FOR A FEW SEC AND LIGHT WENT

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Tsawyer1
Contributor
Contributor

Tv MADE CRACKLE NOISE FOR A FEW SEC AND LIGHT WENT

Postby Tsawyer1 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:05 pm

Have Samsung hlr6167wax few days ago noticed started taking longer to come on then made crackling noise and is now blank have sound no pic at all lamp not on have not had any screeching noise as describe by some color wheel failures called the partsore said lamp #1 failurte ?Where should I sart and sohould lamp and ballast be repalced as unit the only thing flashing on frt is lamp had timer flash a couple of times but did restet and only lamp flashing any advice would be greatly appreciated you seem to be the gu ru.
Thanks Tom

Tsawyer1
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Tv MADE CRACKLE NOISE FOR A FEW SEC AND LIGHT WENT

Postby Tsawyer1 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:23 pm

am testing ballast to see if it is bad found svc man sounds like this may be the prob also cleaned dust out but still not working thanks for the tip.

Tsawyer1
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Tv MADE CRACKLE NOISE FOR A FEW SEC AND LIGHT WENT

Postby Tsawyer1 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:12 pm

Thanks for the tip I replaced the lamp and ballast as it was not that expensive tv came on pic great however I now have a shadow left side of screen approx 2" wide I rechecked all of my work dissassembled and reasemled making sure everything was aligngned correctly could see nothing out of position restarted tv shadow still here the orig light did explode but was contained to the housing nothing went past frt of the wheel any ideas ? uv filter ? color wheel is not making any noises any suggestions appreciated.thanx Tom

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”