Need information to replace the ballast

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
JerryLinn
Contributor
Contributor

Need information to replace the ballast

Postby JerryLinn » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:19 am

Hi, I am new to the forum. I have a Samsung HLN 507wx/xxa given to me by my son-in-law after he replaced the lamp and it did not fix the problem; no display after 30 seconds, blinking light on LED at bottom/center of the display. Blinks: green, green, red indicating a bad lamp. balast, ....

I am looking for a source of instructions/information to remove the ballast. The original lamp is a BP96-00224A Toshiba.
Have the guide for DLP Lamp BP47-00033A, but my TV is different and it does not help.

Any information will be appreciated. Thanks

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Need information to replace the ballast

Postby darkart77 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:32 pm

well... If you have no picture, there are other components besides the lamp that could be affecting the image. if you hear a clicking, or a noise like an electrical buzzing. It can be your ballast.
there a website. discount-merchant.com, those guys have free trouble shooting and they have tv part available for pretty decent prices.

JerryLinn
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Need information to replace the ballast

Postby JerryLinn » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:36 am

Have read various threads on this topic and am aware of DM -- the sponsor's of this website. Have been able to get the ballast out on my own, know the part to order (DM does not have it in stock) so we can close this thread.

Thanks for the reply.

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”