Loud buzz / no picture - was shutting itself off

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ClydeSedg

Loud buzz / no picture - was shutting itself off

Postby ClydeSedg » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:34 pm

My unit is Samsung 50" DLP (HLR5067W) and the symptoms have been off and on problems with the unit shutting itself down. It seemed to be as it was warming up was more of the problem than after running for a period of time - you would get the "shutting down noise" and unit would shut off - give it a few secs and turn on and after a few attempts it usually stayed on and would work fine the rest of the night. The audio on tone and then off tones became the joke in the house... sadly.

Last night it made a pop noise and now has a real bad "hum" and vibration. to power off I had to pull the plug from the back and if you reconnect it you get the buzz/hum and it acts like it is trying to start up - you can't seem to turn it off from the remote.

Thoughts? color wheel? wanted to list for the post the fact that it would cycle itself off for several months now off and on and was very strange - as it almost always came back on and stayed on eventually - just left it alone, but now it's "kaboom".

anyone know the exact part number for the color wheel if that seems like the issue for the "buzzing" noise I now have?

Thanks in advance.
-C.

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: Loud buzz / no picture - was shutting itself off

Postby Kelly » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:57 pm

ClydeSedg,
I would definitely say it's your color wheel. It tends to make all of those noises when it breaks. If I were you I would contact Discount Merchant they are pretty knowledgeable about DLP TV's.

ClydeSedg

Postby ClydeSedg » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Thanks Kelly - I'll give them a shout and post what I end up finding here.
Greatly appreciate the reply.
Best,
-C.

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Postby Kelly » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:22 pm

ClydeSedg,
You're welcome glad I could be of help. Please keep me updated let me know if you need anymore help.

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”