HLP5063WXXAA No picture, has Audio, Replaced Bulb

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
jbmvt444
Contributor
Contributor

HLP5063WXXAA No picture, has Audio, Replaced Bulb

Postby jbmvt444 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:04 am

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Heres the scenario. The TV picture went black and had the three simultaneous flashing lights, so I replaced the bulb. That didn't fix the problem, however the TV will occasionally turn on fine (once in 150 or so times). Since I've already replaced the bulb I'm unsure is its the color wheel, ballast, or one of the boards. When the TV occasionally (once in a blue moon) works correctly, I hear a whirr when it powers on. This whirr is not heard when the TV is not working....which is most of the time. Thanks for any help.

-Jason

When I plug in the TV heres what happens:
1)Turns on automatically
2) 2 quick clicks
3) the (du du du du ) power on sound
4) I can hear the audio of the TV working properly (I can hear what channel its playing)
5) Screen is black, lamp is not illuminating from the rear
4) flashing green lamp light for 30 seconds
5) solid red standby light
6) The green lamp and red standby light alternate for three cycles
7) The (du du du du ) power off sound
8) All three lights flash simultaeous, and TV remains in this state

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: HLP5063WXXAA No picture, has Audio, Replaced Bulb

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:58 pm

Hello jbmvt444.
My first question is, have you reset the lamp timer after replacing the lamp on your TV? This is a very common problem on almost all the Samsung TV’s. If you are not aware about this issue I recommend you read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1050
Other questions might be. Have you cleaned the inside of the TV? Have you closed the lamp door before turning on the TV? If you answered no to any of these questions I suggest you resolve these issue before moving forward.
If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

jbmvt444
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jbmvt444 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:03 am

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:39 pm

Hello again Jason.
Ok, if you have already tried everything on my previous post, let’s concentrate on the noises that are coming out of your TV. First of all you hear a whirr noise, do you mean like a whirling noise? If so that typically the sound of a defective color wheel, and second you hear two clicks before the TV try’s to turn on, that also is not normal, you see when the ballast ( a small circuit board the size of the palm of your hand that regulates voltage to turn on the lamp) makes one click that means its fine, how ever two or more clicks means there is not enough voltage to turn on the lamp. So my recommendation is that you first check you color wheel physically, look for any broken pieces or shattered disc, also try spinning it manually, see if it makes any kind of sound or trouble spinning. If nothing out of the ordinary appears then you might want to concentrate on the ballast.
Hope this helps you out.

jbmvt444
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jbmvt444 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:52 pm

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:50 pm

First of all you’re going to have to open the TV (again) find the ballast (just follow the two cables from the lamp and you’ll find it), here is a small refrance guide from a Toshiba TV:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1528

Obviously it’s not going to be the same, but you’ll get an idea.
Once you find it write down the part number on the ballast (usually there is a sticker and it has the legend “Model”)
Look up the part number & TV model on the web.
My personal recommendations are:
http://www.discount-merchant.com/
http://www.samsungparts.com/Default.aspx
ebay.com
if you cant find the part you are looking for, call them up and ask. In the case of e-bay be sure to ask the vendor the condition of the part.
Good luck.

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”