HLR5067W Lamp fan direction

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Lampfan
Contributor
Contributor

HLR5067W Lamp fan direction

Postby Lampfan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:25 pm

I replaced the color wheel on my HLR5067W and am wondering if I put the lamp fan back in backwards or not. Does any one know if the sticker on the fan should be facing at or away from the lamp? Does this blow air at or away from the lamp?
Thanks

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: HLR5067W Lamp fan direction

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:21 pm

Hello Lampfan.
The vast majority of the fans that I personally seen on these TV’s blow air at the components so the temperature keep low. There are some TV models that have fans to blow air out of the chassis, but they are position near the TV vents.
Hope this helps you out.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Lampfan
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Lampfan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:15 pm

On the HLR5067W the lamp fan is not near the back access panel, the lamp is between the fan and the back panel. So either the fan is blowing air from inside the chassis across the lamp and out the back vents, or it is drawing air in from the backside vents over the lamp and into the chassis. Anyone take apart a HLR5067W lately and notice which way the fan is blowing?

Lampfan
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Lampfan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:52 pm

Found a video of a color wheel replacement on you tube and it showed the lamp fan. The sticker on the fan faces the lamp, this is also the same side that has the wires comming out of the fan. I remember seeing discoloration on fans the wires (I assume due to heat exposure from the lamp) and that is the same side as the sticker. Also looking at the angle of the blades and dust on the fan I would say it is blowing air onto the lamp.

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”