Samsung DLP Shutoff/Overheating Issue

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
19B

Samsung DLP Shutoff/Overheating Issue

Postby 19B » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:35 am

5 year old 56" DLP, don't have model but I can get if it the solution is dependent or specific to it.

TV started randomly shutting off in the last few months, which might indicate overheating. Recently added a pronounced "grinding" noise, like a bearing has gone bad somewhere. The noise goes in and out, and is independent of whether the TV is on or not (i.e., will continue after manually turning the TV off, or after the TV shuts off by itself). The picture is still working fine, as long as the TV is on.

Pulled the cover off and vacuumed/cleaned the board, fan, and everything else that looked dusty. Fan appears to be working ok--the grinding noise is coming from elsewhere in the set that I don't have access to without removing a larger part of the panel. It's a moving part, obviously, so I don't think it's a board or lamp issue....color wheel, maybe?

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Samsung DLP Shutoff/Overheating Issue

Postby darkart77 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:23 pm

I would say you're on the right track, the only part in your that would produce that noise in your tv is the color wheel.

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”