WD-62825 start up issues

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
redline57
Contributor
Contributor

WD-62825 start up issues

Postby redline57 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:17 pm

I replaced the lamp when the prvious lamp died. It is an Osram purchased online w/housing. Powered TV back on after replacement, green timer lamp on, relay clicked and fan sound started, screen was all blue, except for a 4" black bar vertially on the right side of the screen. Green timer lamp started blinking, shut down. Powered again, fine, lamp replacement message appeared, pressed enter. All seemed well....But ever since that lamp change, it somtimes starts fine, or the green timer lights, no click or fan, timer blinks, shuts down. Power up again, normal progression, picture normal, except it asked if the lamp was changed. I have pressed enter and/or cancel, either way, it always a gamble wether the TV will start normally on the 1st try or take 2-3 attempts. But it always starts, eventually. It has been doing this erratic behavior for weeks. Two things puzzle me. One is what would cause the initial relay click and fan not to energize, two, why do I get the lamp replacement message after it fails to start, even though the lamp was not replaced. Did miss something in the lamp replacement procedure?

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: WD-62825 start up issues

Postby darkart77 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:02 pm

Wow, it seems that your tv is having multiple symptoms. 1st. Remember that the lamp's "only" job is to project white light. "nothing more" so... the lines you are seeing have nothing to do with the lamp but the DMD board is normally what causes those lines on your tv.

redline57
Contributor
Contributor

Postby redline57 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:20 am

I have no lines. After it starts normally, next time it does not have the fan start click, then timer blinks and shuts down, power up again, it starts fine, but askes if lamp was changed. None of this occured until I replaced the lamp. Could lamp be defective? If so, why does it even work at all?

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby darkart77 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:05 pm

If the lamp is defective, it wouldn't even light up, Im willing to bet that the problem is the ballast board.

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”