Shattered LP bulb Samsung HLR6168W

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
az240z
Contributor
Contributor

Shattered LP bulb Samsung HLR6168W

Postby az240z » Sun May 11, 2014 4:24 pm

My DLP bulb shatterd while the tv was on. I pulled the housing and there was some glass in the housing but very little at the base inside the tv. Could the glass have gone in to the Color Wheel?? There are some small fragments that were sitting in front of the housing but they were tiny and only a few.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shattered LP bulb Samsung HLR6168W

Postby admin » Wed May 14, 2014 5:49 am

Hello!

That sounds like a rotten way to start the week. You should bring your Samsung into a service technician to vacuum the interior. It's released mercury and needs to be cleaned. Be sure to wear gloves while handling the broken pieces, wash you hands afterwards and don't put the shards into general garbage. They need to be sent off to the same drop-off you do for your light bulbs.

Here is an article that will help you do the initial clean-up before taking it in to get cleaned by your technician:

http://www.fixyourdlp.com/2012/07/16/what-to-do-when-your-projector-lamp-explodes/

Hope this helps. Does anyone else out there have experience with cleaning up broken bulbs?

Cheers,

Shelagh
[i]"Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today."

-Mark Twain[/i]

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”