Toshiba 65hm167 will not turn on

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
mcmjspitz
Contributor
Contributor

Toshiba 65hm167 will not turn on

Postby mcmjspitz » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:53 pm

My dlp will not turn on, It's giving me a solid yellow lamp light, with a red blinking light beside it. I've replaced the lamp and checked the lamp door switch.I press the power button, blue light comes on, then two clicks, then 2 high pitched sounds, (I think this is the color wheel starting up. It goes through this sequence about ten times, then gives the lamp light, any help is appreciated.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Toshiba 65hm167 will not turn on

Postby grayfox » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:30 pm

Hello,

I think I saw this post by you and answered the following:

"Because of that high pitched whirling sound I am willing to bet it is time to replace the colorwheel. What is happening is that once a fault in the colorwheel is detected by the dmd, it is cutting the power supply to the ballast and hence not powering up the lamp. Unfortunately one has to know this since even though the color wheel is a consumable part sold online everywhere, there is no "colorwheel error light" on the TV...

I can suggest you take the back cover off and physically inspect the colorwheel, depending on how tech savvy you are.. I hope this helps!"
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”