Samsung HLS6187WX/XAA

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
xman0849

Samsung HLS6187WX/XAA

Postby xman0849 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:09 pm

Hello everyone!

This TV had an original bulb after many years, replaced it and started having problems with set shutting down. At first infrequent, but then frequently. After chatting with Samsung, removing and re install bulb, working again for a few days than starting problem again, and now have had a 10" fan running behind set and worked fine till today. With fan in place, started turning off again twice within 3 hours viewing time. Shuts down, red and green lights on panel blinking, and off. I have read a few post and they talked about ballast , color wheel, etc should the ballast be the first thing I look at replacing and BTW, the fan does come on when set turns on, as far as I can tell. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks PS ordered a new bulb, just in case (philips).

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Samsung HLS6187WX/XAA

Postby ChubbsTech » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:35 pm

Hello,

I would try he ballast first since it is pretty much the second most common part to file due to the fact that it's a consumable part that with time loses the capability to put out the necessary voltage these lamps need. Keep i mind that the ballast first needs to put out a higher voltage to ignite the bulb after that the voltage drops but it must feed this voltage continuously otherwise the TV will shut down. The color wheel is another consumable part that when it starts to fail the TV will shut down. SOmetimes a weak ballast will make an electrical buzzing type sound so if you were to hear something like this more likely the ballast will be the part needing replacement. Hope this helps some. Please keep us updated and please make us aware of any other questions or concerns you might have.

Regards,
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”