Samsung DLP HLR4667W - Help Please!!!!

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
joeboo33

Samsung DLP HLR4667W - Help Please!!!!

Postby joeboo33 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:29 am

The color wheel went on my TV. It was obvious from the loud noise and when I opened it up I saw it was cracked. I replaced the color wheel with instuctions from the internet. Now my tv isnt working correctly. Its powering on but the lamp is not igniteing. It tries a bunch of times and then stops and the 3 lights in the front stay on. A new lamp is on the way but I find it hard to believe the color wheel and lamp went at the same time. Could it be something I did during instalation of the color wheel? I plugged the cable wire into the tv hoping I could hear sound without the picture. Is that a good way to tell if the lamp is bad? Please help. I didnt install the new lamp yet but my fear is that I will and it still wont work. Does anyone have any other ideas? Any help would be great.

rougeleader
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: Samsung DLP HLR4667W - Help Please!!!!

Postby rougeleader » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:53 pm

hi, welcome!
id recommend you go over you installation one more time and put close attention to your connections, you would be surprised how the obvious things get overlooked! how old was that previous lamp you had? if it was over 3 years old it is highly likely that the lamp did go also!

joeboo33

Re: Samsung DLP HLR4667W - Help Please!!!!

Postby joeboo33 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:33 am

Thanks!!! I went over it several times. Its actually 5 years old. I hope thats it.

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”