RCA HD50LPW42

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

RCA HD50LPW42

Postby richard22 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:56 am

picture filckers in a metalic coloration. What is the cause and cure?
richard22
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:41 am

Re: RCA HD50LPW42

Postby grayfox » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:06 pm

this is most likely a colorwheel issue, do you have any images?
ImageUnit Foxhound
User avatar
grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
 
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Sunny San Diego!

Re: RCA HD50LPW42

Postby richard22 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:29 pm

grayfox wrote:this is most likely a colorwheel issue, do you have any images?
richard22
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:41 am

Re: RCA HD50LPW42

Postby grayfox » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:59 pm

I am sorry I cannot see your comment on my quote :P
ImageUnit Foxhound
User avatar
grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
 
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Sunny San Diego!

Re: RCA HD50LPW42

Postby richard22 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:46 pm

grayfox wrote:I am sorry I cannot see your comment on my quote :P


Do I write in this area? If so, i am wondering if the light engine is the same as the color wheel or not. I would like to replace the least expensive items first to see what fixes the prob. And I need some guidance on what is involved in replacement, adjustments and safety tips needed for accurate replacement. Where is the cheapest source for parts?

Rick
richard22
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:41 am

Re: RCA HD50LPW42

Postby grayfox » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:25 pm

Some light engines come with a colorwheel, but no they are 2 separate parts, one is the complete engine with the projector and DMD board, the other is the colorwheel by itself or the metal enclosure. The cheapest part would be to try to find the bare colorwheel for the TV and try that, but it is an extremely rare part and getting it from RCA is probably more expensive than getting the complete set (see below)

http://www.discount-merchant.com/RCA-75 ... 204066.htm

you might want to do some research first ;)
ImageUnit Foxhound
User avatar
grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
 
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Sunny San Diego!

Re: RCA HD50LPW42

Postby richard22 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:59 pm

grayfox wrote:Some light engines come with a colorwheel, but no they are 2 separate parts, one is the complete engine with the projector and DMD board, the other is the colorwheel by itself or the metal enclosure. The cheapest part would be to try to find the bare colorwheel for the TV and try that, but it is an extremely rare part and getting it from RCA is probably more expensive than getting the complete set (see below)

http://www.discount-merchant.com/RCA-75 ... 204066.htm

you might want to do some research first ;)



I have ordered and will have a new color wheel this weekend. Could I get some tips on removal and replacement please.
richard22
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:41 am

Re: RCA HD50LPW42

Postby grayfox » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:54 pm

hmm, I am not very familiar with RCAs as I am with Samsungs, but if you follow the general instructions on the Guides section of fixyourdlp.com for "colorwheel" you should be fine, nothing to cut or soder just a bunch of screws and some plugs ;) if you run into any problems feel free to post some pics! :geek:
ImageUnit Foxhound
User avatar
grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
 
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Sunny San Diego!

Re: RCA HD50LPW42

Postby richard22 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:27 pm

grayfox wrote:hmm, I am not very familiar with RCAs as I am with Samsungs, but if you follow the general instructions on the Guides section of fixyourdlp.com for "colorwheel" you should be fine, nothing to cut or soder just a bunch of screws and some plugs ;) if you run into any problems feel free to post some pics! :geek:



Repair was a success. Now I am having a problem with the 110 Male plug in the plugin board. It shorts on and off with the slightest movement. It works if you hold your mouth just right! Any suggestions
richard22
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:41 am

Re: RCA HD50LPW42

Postby grayfox » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:02 pm

I dont know! if nothing can be placed to hold it there, I would suggest ordering the cable but it comes in a set :o see below....
http://www.discount-merchant.com/RCA-Ca ... 171477.htm
ImageUnit Foxhound
User avatar
grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
 
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Sunny San Diego!


Return to DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest