Optoma RD50 won't turn on.

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ewithers
Contributor
Contributor

Optoma RD50 won't turn on.

Postby ewithers » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:41 am

Hello. We have an Optoma RD50 DLP TV that was given to us by some folks who told us the lamp was going bad. We used the TV successfully for about a year and things were still working fine. It just recently started having trouble turning on so I replaced the lamp. The new lamp worked fine for about 2 days and now the TV once again does not want to turn on. The lamp is new, so I am assuming that is not the problem.

When I try to turn it on, the fan starts running, and after a few seconds you can hear the color wheel start spinning. At the same time as the color wheel starts spinning, I can hear a sort of low humming sound. This humming sound goes on for about 10 seconds and then the sound gets lower and you can hear the color wheel slowing down. It does this three times, runs for a few more seconds, and then everything shuts down and I have 2 solid lights on the front.

We've been able to get it to come on a few times (just kind of when you get lucky), but its not wanting to come on at all now. I'm beginning to think the lamp didn't even need to be changed, but it was some other problem.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong and how we can fix it?

ewithers
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Optoma RD50 won't turn on.

Postby ewithers » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:16 am

Thanks. Can you point me to some instructions on how to replace that. I'm comfortable working on it myself if I can find parts and some basic instructions.

ewithers
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Optoma RD50 won't turn on.

Postby ewithers » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:19 am

I found this part on Ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-OSRAM-B ... 0469840891

I don't want to buy without knowing for sure this is the part I need. Any idea?

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”