TV Shuts Off randomly

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
isaacancona

TV Shuts Off randomly

Postby isaacancona » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:42 pm

Hello everybody,

I have a Samsung HLS4266WX/XAA, lately tv shuts off randomly, right after that I turn it on and tv continues working. I do not have any indication lights that may give me an idea about the problem.

Other problem is the fan, the fan noise seemed to be louder than when TV was newer (tv is 3 years old), when watching quiet movies, noise could be disturbing.

Could you please give me some information in order to correct these 2 problems? Do I have to replace any part? Part number?

Thank you for your help,

Isaac

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TV Shuts Off randomly

Postby Angel » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:45 pm

Hi Isaac.

Maybe your TV is detecting a problem with your fan and is turning Off to prevent overheating. Try vacuuming all the dust from the fans and air vents (one of your fans could be clogged).

Another possibility is that the color wheel is malfunctioning, this would produce a spinning noise, just like a fan. You might want to check it physically, use this replacement guide to take it out: .

Hope this helps.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

isaacancona

Postby isaacancona » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:46 pm

Hi NEhelp,

Thank you for your advise, I have cleaned the fans and vents in the TV and it does not shuts off for the past 3 days, which I guess the problem have been solved.

One more problem remaining, it is the spinning noise (like a small motor running), you have suggested to physically check the color wheel. I will follow the steps from the website you attached to the e-mail to disemsamble the color wheel, but what exactly do I have to look for? That the wheel is intact? that the wheel is spinning freely? Please advise.

Thank you one more time for all your help.

Isaac

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:59 pm

The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”