After colorwheel, now green/pink horizontal lines

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
fox7373
Contributor
Contributor

After colorwheel, now green/pink horizontal lines

Postby fox7373 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:45 am

I have a Samsung HLR-4667 DLP in which I changed out a shattered Colorwheel. After doing so, it almost immediately (after 2nd turn on) displayed green vertical lines. However, they immediately went away after I unplugged the TV from the outlet...only to come back again after several (10 or so) more "normal" TV usages. Since then, they seem to becoming back quicker after doing the 'unplugging trick'.

Overtime, these green lines changed to pink + white lines and can be seen on all inputs (antenna, a.v.,component) EXCEPT hdmi. HDMI looks great yet. If I put up a menu screen on my TV, the lines are BEHIND the menu.
Any suggestions?...What is the likelihood that another part failed right after replacing a different part?

...I heard of talk about removing the JUMPER after replacing a colorwheel, however I don't think that is the problem since on many occasions the TV did work fine. I also heard of "reseting the colorwheel" by going into the service menu and playing around with the settings; but again doubt it, since it did work fine.

Thank you for any and all suggestions!

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: After colorwheel, now green/pink horizontal li

Postby Angel » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:42 pm

All indicates that the problem is your analog board. We can discard the DMD since the menu appears over the lines, and we can discard the digital because the HDMI is the only input that works fine (this input doesn't go through the analog).

Hope this helps.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

fox7373
Contributor
Contributor

Postby fox7373 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Thanks once again "NEhelp" as you assisted me with the colorwheel issue in the past too!

I just order the analog board from DM. In your opinion, how difficult is it to replace this board? (If I was able to do the colorwheel myself, should I be able to change the board too?) Do you know of any trouble spots that I may run into? Or perhaps know of a link on the internet that has a walk-through/video or something?

Again, Thank You! Your help is/was appreciated!

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:24 pm

Replacing boards is not a big deal. I don't know of any site that has a video guide or anything like that, however you just need to be careful of not to damage any other component while taking things out.

Let me make a deeper search, maybe I can find something that can guides you.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”