changed analog board-->now no sound/imput sources

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
fox7373
Contributor
Contributor

changed analog board-->now no sound/imput sources

Postby fox7373 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:47 am

After changing a shattered colorwheel, I immediately started have another problem:

I started having the usual problem that many of you had on my Samsung HLR4667...the intermittent problem of green/pink/white horizontal (or vertical-depending on how you look at it) lines across the screen on my antenna and component sources, but my HDMI remained perfect. The lines were BEHIND the TV menus.

So, I replaced the analog board from a part from Discount-Merchant. After the operation, I found that when I started it up, I heard a minor "pop" sound (the little pop was clearly an "audio thing" and not a "damage thing"). Anyways, I found that now I have clear picture from the antenna input from a coaxial source, however I have no audio. Also, now my TV was unable to find both the Component and HDMI input sources. Everything else appeared to be fine (no trouble lights on the front button).

So I took it all apart again thinking that perhaps that I put a pin into the wrong plug or something, however there are only 2 plugs that are similar (an idiot-proof thing), and that wasn't the problem.
Not only that, but when I had the back off of the TV while looking at the plugs, I turned it on with no Inputs hook up to it. Through the snow on the screen, I can tell that it was still "jacked-up" picture wise...the snow was distorted in the way that the green/pink/white horizontal lines use to get physically distorted (but obviously without the colors because of a lack of a source).

So I put my old bad board back in for the time-being.

A bad board from Discount-Merchant???
Thank you for any suggestions!

Jake
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: changed analog board-->now no sound/imput sour

Postby Jake » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:57 pm

Well it could be that the board was bad...

or...

Theres a chance that maybe that is not the real problem with your TV.

Regards
[color=#FF0000]Jakey![/color]

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: changed analog board-->now no sound/imput sour

Postby Angel » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:03 pm

I think the problem couldn't be somewhere else, if that was the case the "green/pink/white horizontal lines" problem wouldn't be fixed. So I think the analog board is what you needed.

Are you sure the replacement board is exactly the same as the old one?
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”