Tuner Reception

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
bbloss

Tuner Reception

Postby bbloss » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:32 am

While watching regular cable programming (not HD) during a storm, lightning struck near by. The cable reception on my Samsung DLP went fuzzy on all channels (some worse than others). No other TV's in house were effected, their cable reception is good. Bringing a new tv to this cable outlet also gets good reception. Has to be something in the Samsung. Can this be repaired?

Eddie

Re: Tuner Reception

Postby Eddie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:04 pm

depends on what kind of samsung tv.. you've posted in the dlp/lcd projection so i'll assume it's a dlp... it might be the video board. during the lighting strike, the board may have shorted somewhere. if you can find a replacement board, check Discount-merchant.com, you might be able to save your TV. Those boards are about 100-200 though.
--

Eddie

bbloss

Re: Tuner Reception

Postby bbloss » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:19 pm

Yes it's a dlp model HL-R4366W. Is this something that is easy for a repair service to test? I'm just trying to decide whether to junk it or repair it. Thanks.

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”