samsung DLP SP50L7HX

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
diz
Contributor
Contributor

samsung DLP SP50L7HX

Postby diz » Tue May 17, 2011 6:30 am

Hi
I have recently shipped my samsung SP50L7HX from the uk to australia. it was purchased in 2006 and has had 2 genuine replacement lamps (the last one about 7 months ago). after 3 months in australia , the tv started to switch itself on and off again continuously after about 5 minutes of use - the only way to stop it is to unplug it but as soon as you power it up again, it starts the cycle again. I have reset the tv and the lamp timer in the service menu but it hasnt solved it. is it possibly the ballast causing the problem? if so does anyone know the part number for a replacement - i have tried DM'S online chat service but they cannot identify the part required from my model number. i really dont want to scrap the tv after going to the expense of shipping it but i dont want to start randomly buying replacement parts trying to get it working. Your help would be greatly appreciated
Donna ;)

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: samsung DLP SP50L7HX

Postby BYO » Mon May 30, 2011 4:28 pm

:mrgreen: Hi,

Yes, there is a good chance that your tv has issues with the ballast. When this happen the ballast will not send the voltage needed for the new lamp, since it might still think there is an old lamp even though if we already reset timer to 0's ballast might still send voltage for an old lamp.

I couldn't found the ballast from our sponsor's but I found it with a vendor in Europe:
http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electri ... 00027a.htm

which according to them it uses a part # BP47-00027A
which samsungparts.com do not list it under their compatibility list for this part #:
http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Pa ... 0027A.aspx

But for your information ballast's are not very different from one to another, Samsung ballast's use the same lamp connector, cable length will be different the one on samsungparts.com is a 130mm and 120W....

just confirm that your ballast says the same, you will find a sticker with a number like EUC 120 DP31....
[color=#40FF40]Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see. [/color]

diz
Contributor
Contributor

Postby diz » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:27 am

well we managed to locate the correct ballast and it arrived today - unfortunately the tv is still switching itself on and off every 90 seconds as it was with the original ballast, so that cant have been the problem - any other ideas? i am really reluctant to just keep buying parts in the hope that something sorts it out, i would prefer the solution to be clear from the symptoms the tv is experiencing - thanks!

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby BYO » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:40 pm

Hi Donna, I am sorry to hear this..... :o

:geek: Please describe a little bit more what do you hear when it shuts OFF, after shutting OFF how long does it take to turn ON? Do you hear any kind of screeching sound's or buzzing?
[color=#40FF40]Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see. [/color]

diz
Contributor
Contributor

Postby diz » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:22 am

when you switch the tv on it powers straight up and the screen takes it usual 2-3 seconds to come to full brightness. Dead on 90 seconds there is a single click and the tv turns itself off and immediately switches back on again for a full 90 seconds and does it all again! there is no screeching or grinding noise, the picture is perfect when the tv is on. the only noise is a single click as it switches off. the lamp is less than a year old and is a genuine part. we have reset the lamp hours to zero in the service menu. cant think of anything else to do! can you ?? :roll:

diz
Contributor
Contributor

Postby diz » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:15 am

tested the continuity on the thermostat and there is no problem there - anything else? :?:

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby BYO » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi,

Clicking noise is definitely the ballast, if we already replace it and still doing it, check the voltage coming from power supply to ballast it should be 350V, power supply might be sending oscillating voltage and might be shutting down if it goes under 350V. :geek:

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”