Need advice on how to proceed

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
edlentz
Contributor
Contributor

Need advice on how to proceed

Postby edlentz » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:25 am

I was given a Samsung HL-R5067W It does have a problem and has for awhile, the previous owner gave up and gave it to me. First, here is what it does. It is hesitant to come on. When I first plugged it in and got a signal to it it had a picture, I wasn't impressed by it but it was a picture. After a couple of minutes the pix went dark it made a noise and then the pix came back. It will continue to do this for about ten minutes and then it shuts off. If I bring up a menu that is just fine. The previous owner had replaced the lamp twice. I only got a signal to the Video in and the S-video. I don't have a HDMI cable. I don't know if the audio works, since it doesn't give me enough time to change the sound settings to the TV instead of the audio out.

So I am not inclined to think the lmap isn't the issue since the Menu always looks fine, Also for the same reason for the color wheel. If it was bad the menu would also look bad. So what else is there , the analog board?

I would love to spend as little as possible on this set. I at one time was a electronics tech and actually built a kit tV a LONG time ago. So I am pretty handy.

Suggestions?

Thanks alot in advance

Jake
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Need advice on how to proceed

Postby Jake » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:19 pm

Since you're able to see the menu with out a problem, the problem is with your analog board.

I think that just by replacing it theres a huge chance that your TV can work, if not then is going to be the digital video. But ill first try to change the Analog
[color=#FF0000]Jakey![/color]

edlentz
Contributor
Contributor

Postby edlentz » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:26 pm

Would a connection to the hdmi use the digital board?
Sorry for the ignorance ihave a hdmi output from my AT&T uverse box

thanks!

edlentz
Contributor
Contributor

Postby edlentz » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:08 am

OK I connected a HDMI cable to the DLP and after awhile I was able to get a decent picture. However the TV reset itself after about 10 seconds. I didn't get the "shutdown chime" but it did sound the "warmup chime"? Anyway, I tried to change the audio settings but I didn't have enough time to manipulate the menu before it reset. I left it on for approx 20 minutes and it didn't stop resetting. Could the analog board be doing this? If so since the HDMI works is it possible to "remove" the analog board? I think if I can get it to not reset all the time I will be home free.

Thanks

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”