Found cause for bad analog boards?

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
fox7373
Contributor
Contributor

Found cause for bad analog boards?

Postby fox7373 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:47 am

Ive been going through Analog boards on my Samsung DLP HLR4667 shortly after I moved in with a buddy. He has DISH NETWORK (digital/NON-HD) in which there is a duel receiver -- 1 receiver operates both TVs. Mine is the 2nd TV, but since its operated remotely in a 2nd room, I have to use the Antenna Input via Coaxel cable from the wall (He uses S-cable).

The first time my board went bad ("the usual" green/pink horizonatal lines, etc.), I replaced it -- Afterwards, it worked fine and I thought nothing of it. Well, it worked fine for a couple of weeks, then on TV + Dish Receiver start-up (and ONLY on TV/Dish Receiver start-up) for 4-5 seconds, lines started to appear. These lines were consistant with the ones with "the usual" analog failure, just not as many or as severe. They only appeared at the top and bottom of the screen, and the picture itself kind of looked like it was receiving a weak signal. After the 4-5 seconds, my TV would "power" through it; clean it up, and I'd get a good picture for as long as I keep my TV on. This process lasted for about a week, until the board went full-blown bad. From replacement to failure, board #2 lasted for a month.

Now I'm on board #3. Like Board #2, everything went good for a week or so, but now Im getting the 4-5 seconds of lines at start-up again, and board failure is probably soon.
But I've just realized that on TV start-up, I always had the DISH NETWORK/Antenna input activated. Today I started turning off my TV on the S-cable (a DVD player) activated, so when I turn it back on, it would not be on DISH/antenna. Well, so far, on S-cable start-up, NO 4-5 seconds of lines!! Moreover, when I switch it over to DISH/antenna input after a few seconds of "warm-up", there are no lines there either!! Good picture, no problem!

Now this where you knowledable readers come in: Have you heard of this or something like this ever happen to you? Is it possible that Dish Network somehow is sending an Power Surge or an Overload charge on start-up or something? (Remember, this is TV #2 on duel receiver...and S-cable is also an analog input.) (Also forgot to tell you: I can start-up the Dish Receiver first, and wait a few moments until I turn on the TV...However, from what I remember, that also results in the 4-5 seconds of lines across the screen.)

I'll keep you all posted on this S-cable technique, as this is the first day experimenting with it.

fox7373
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Found cause for bad analog boards?

Postby fox7373 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:14 am

UPDATE after several days of moderate use: So far, so good...the one time that I forgot to switch it to S-video before turning the TV off, the Board really wanted to "go bad" when I turned it back on (the picture flashed and flickered). Almost certain there is a direct correlation to Dish Network + the blowing-out of Analog boards, as described above.

UPDATED AGAIN AFTER A COUPLE OF MONTHS: I have since moved and no longer with Dish Network -- All is well!
Dish Networks should owes me $$$ for the boards -- bastards!

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”