Replacement bulb

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
AMartinez

Replacement bulb

Postby AMartinez » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:30 am

Hi - I just went through your online tutorial on how to replace my BP96-00823A bulb on my Samsung TV. I purchased the replacement bulb, but when I went to replace it, the new bulb was smaller than the original bulb.

The new casing in which it came in didn't fit in the TV correctly, so I followed the tutorial and tried to place it in the original casing. But now I'm stuck as the new bulb doesn't fit in the original bulb's casing (it's too small).

Any tips?

GraceMacias
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Replacement bulb

Postby GraceMacias » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:54 am

have you try to add an adapter?

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Replacement bulb

Postby Crowell » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:02 pm

You see for the Samsung BP96-00823A there are two types of lamps.
1.- The big round, sealed lamp is called the E23.
2.- The small square front, with two ventilation holes called the E22.

Now the place you purchased the lamp didn’t ask you which lamp you had in your enclosure. Now the way to fix this is either to return the bulb and ask for an exchange for the E23. Or buy the adapter as GraceMacias recommended. There is only one place I know where to buy it, here is the link.
http://www.discount-merchant.com/ try calling them, because its no listed on the website.
Good luck.
Knowledge is the one true power

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”