hi new member. baird 50" dlp broken HEEEELP

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
mcghee83

hi new member. baird 50" dlp broken HEEEELP

Postby mcghee83 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:39 am

hi there i have a 50" baird dlp (code BA50). Had it for 3 years now playing call of duty modern warfare 2 (Best Game Ever) then my tv made a popping noise like glass smashing and picture went blank and stared vibrating badly. i have took out lamp but no sign of blown bulb it looks fine. so put it back an and tried again but still no picture and still making that horrible noise. the fan isn't coming on and there is no light shining through grill at back of tv any ideas this is my pride and joy? thanks for reading this.

mitchkramez
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: hi new member. baird 50" dlp broken HEEEELP

Postby mitchkramez » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:55 pm

based on your description of the sound, i would guess that your color wheel shattered (somewhat common on dlp sets). i've never heard of baird as a brand name, but you could see if you can find the part online for replacement, but sometimes these parts are astronomical in replacement costs and it's just not worth your time/money to repair. in the case of my tv - RCA, basically if it's not capacitors or off the shelf parts, it's time to junk it or sell it for parts because you can't get parts for them anymore...

Last bumped by mcghee83 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:55 pm.

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”