Magnavox 50ML8105D/17 shutting down

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
praisin777

Magnavox 50ML8105D/17 shutting down

Postby praisin777 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:07 pm

I was recently given a Magnavox 50ML8105D/17 50" DLP TV. The previous owner said they knew the bulb was out and they thought there were other problems with the TV. I removed the bulb and its filament was shattered. A new bulb was installed. The problem now is when I power up the set the Lamp and Temp indicators turn red after only about 1 second of the bulb being on. The power LED then goes red. No matter how long the unit sets that is what happens. I am assuming there is a problem with a temp sensor. Anybody have any experience with this set? Any input would be appreciated.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Magnavox 50ML8105D/17 shutting down

Postby grayfox » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:30 am

Hello praisin,
The most common problem associated with Temperature cutting the power to a lamp is the Fan that actually cools the lamp, not the sensor. after making sure your lamp is properly installed try turning on your tv while listening close to the area the lamp is located, you should hear a small hum (not buzz, that would be a ballast problem) and if visible through a screen a fan will/or not, turn on! If you open the tv and remove the lamp to locate the vent passage to see where the actual fan is cooling from then you can feel for the air. these Fans are really inexpensive and easy to install.
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”