Playstation 3 Hard drive upgrade

Forum rules
moose916
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Playstation 3 Hard drive upgrade

Postby moose916 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:54 am

hello everyone for the people that didnt know they can upgrade their Playstation 3's Hard Drive well the answer is you can.
If you face your ps3 on the same side as the warranty sticker it's a small rectangular door. take it off with your finger nail or a flathead screwdriver. Once you take it off there will be a blue screw. Use a pointed phillips screw driver. After you take out the screw. there is a little lever, slide the hard drive to the right and then pull it out and even though the pointed phillips screw driver is the tool for this it actually isn't because they are on too tight and it might get stripped so the best tool for this part is the needle nose pliers. After the screws are taken off, which are on the sides of the Bracket. it is strongly recommended to use latex or nitrile gloves to take the hard drive out because the oils on the human hand can ruin the old or new hard drive or grab the sides of it. Put the new one in in the same way as the other hard drive was removed Label up and the board facing the hard drive bracket and the connectors on the open end. NOW put the screws in loosely to get the hard drive to line up properly once all the screws are put back then tighten them not too much though just enough so they dont fall out.

The specifications for the Hard Drive are: Seagate Momentus, Serial ATA (SATA). 2.5" inch Internal Hard Drive, 320GB, 7200 RPM, 16MB CACHE, which is the same hard drive i put in mine. Then you will have a high memory PS3

NOTE:

The slim one you can but i heard it was more difficult

moose916
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: Playstation 3 Hard drive upgrade

Postby moose916 » Fri May 28, 2010 1:53 am

well i found a much easier way to upgrade hard drive on the slim ps3 please go to youtube.com how to upgrade ps3 slim.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Playstation 3 Hard drive upgrade

Postby grayfox » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:33 pm

Yup this is basically as easy as it is posted plug and play notebook HDD is what Sony installs from factory! :geek:
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Sony PlayStation 3”