Suggest a topic for discussion!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ajjohnson
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung

Postby ajjohnson » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:48 am

Im hving trouble wit my samsung tv, the red button keeps flashing on and off, but there is no picture, it will not come on wih remote cntrol or manually?

ankit
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung

Postby ankit » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:18 am

What kind of television you have?? Let us know so that we can troubleshoot accordingly. :)

ajjohnson
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ajjohnson » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:11 am

ankit
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ankit » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:05 pm

There can be number of reasons for the mentioned problems such as ballast or board if the indicator light is blinking.

Are you getting any noises when you turn on the TV?? And what about the sound?? Can you hear the sound or its not turning on at all. How long have you used you TV with the current lamp or in other words how many lamp hours have been used. If its been a long time, then it might be a lamp issue. This is the most common problem is the Samsung LCD tv, if light is flashing. The expected average life of the lamp is around 2-3 years depending on the usage.

And make sure that your cords are properly connected too. This happened before in one of the cases too. ;)

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:59 pm

Hello Ankit & ajjohnson.
Just to point out that you probably got confused with a Samsung DLP Tv, while a LCD tv has a ballast, its more commonly known as a Inverter board, so technically that is correct.
How ever when you refer to a lamp that last 2 -3 years is where I am lead to believe that you where referring to a DLP tv, since the LCD has about a dozen or more fluorescent lamps, that are connected horizontally to the inverter board, don’t worry about it, some time it happens to me too.
Now that we are all on the same channel, let’s go back to the main problem.
Ajjohnson, my question is when you press the power button; do you see any light being emitted from the tv? Dose it turn on for a second and the shuts off?
My suspicion is the inverter board, how ever we can not discard the power supply board.
Keep me posted on any new developments.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Forum Feedback”