Ballast for Mitsubishi WD62525

Suggest a topic for discussion!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
2kimpossible

Ballast for Mitsubishi WD62525

Postby 2kimpossible » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:42 pm

I saw the post re:"ballast issue" and it sounds as though I have the same problem. My husband replaced the lamp with a new Phillips lamp and thinks he may have pushed too hard and caused the connector that the lamp cartridge plugs into to become loose. After several tries we finally got it plugged in but now the TV won't turn on. It makes that intermittent clicking sound everyone keeps referring to. He gave up and the TV has sat unused for 6 months. I'm the handyperson in the family anyway so I figured I'd give it a try and that's when I found out about this forum. Should I assume it's a bad ballast and if so, can I replace it myself and where can I get it and the instructions for replacing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2kimpossible

Re: Ballast for Mitsubishi WD62525

Postby 2kimpossible » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Thanks so much for your response. You may be right because we've always bought the OEM lamp in the past and had no problems, with the exception of the very short life span of the lamp. I just hope I can still return the Phillips lamp after all this time. Thanks again for your help, I'll give it a try.

Return to “Forum Feedback”