2006 Viore 50"

Suggest a topic for discussion!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
liltfy

2006 Viore 50"

Postby liltfy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:42 pm

I have a Viore RPT50V24DX/SMS. Bought it in ’06 and it’s been a fine TV for us. 1-1/2 years ago I replaced the bulb for the first time and it worked fine until spring this year, same deal just failed to stay on. So we left it down until fall. I just put a new bulb in and it will not come on at all. It sounds like it is trying but wont. I cleaned everything out. I don’t see any bad Caps. The bulb looks good. The little blue door switch I have taped down just in case. Nothing. It tries twice to power up clicks and then shuts down. So I believe I’m down to the ballast or something computer board oriented, yippy. How do I test from here? Looking for ways to narrow the issue down. I can't reset any timer, the lamp doesn't even flicker...Not even the old one. Thanks! Ben

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: 2006 Viore 50"

Postby grayfox » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:58 pm

Hello,

I have to begin with what causes me the most trouble when this happens to my clients, did you purchase an original lamp? Generic lamps have a huge defect rate!

If the lamp is genuine and this is clicking or making an arching sound it is most probably the ballast. At which point you would have to actually remove it and get a part number off the ballast itself, you can follow the lamp connector to arrive directly to this part..

Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Forum Feedback”