SAMSUNG HLP 4663W

Suggest a topic for discussion!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
charles1142

SAMSUNG HLP 4663W

Postby charles1142 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:48 pm

Two questions: First I recently changed out the lamp. Put in code "Menu, 1, 8, 2, Power" and reset the lamp hours to "0". Fan motor is running but I am getting a red code saying "STANDBY/TEMP" when I turn the power off. How do I fix this?

Second question: Moved the TV from a location with cable where it worked great until lamp went out. After replacing the Lamp I moved the TV to a location that only has access via a HD box with an antenna that attached to the TV with a coxial cable. Now I am only getting Black and White picture. Is this a connection problem or something else I need to address?

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: SAMSUNG HLP 4663W

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:18 pm

Hey charles

When your Timer and Standby/Temp lights are blinking, your TV is overheating. Dust and bulb failure are two leading causes for overheating in TVs. Unplug your TV and allow it to cool for an hour. Clean the dust away from the ventilation slots with a can of compressed air and a vacuum cleaner with an upholstery attachment. Make sure that the ventilation slots are not blocked by furniture, the wall or any other devices such as Blu-ray disc players,dvds,etc etc.

As for the black and white picture it could be an issue with the connections, try re-plugging all the connections.

Please let us know on the outcome.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Forum Feedback”