Suggest a topic for discussion!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
belch4me
Contributor
Contributor

toshiba hmy67 50" dlp

Postby belch4me » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:52 pm

well my lamp burnt out and so i bought a new one, when i put it in it still didnt work so i returned it and put the new one in and stil nothing. there is no clicking noise or any funny sounds other than the fan and color wheel and the tv tries to restart 8 times or so before all the led lights blink red and tv says bad lamp. when i put the lamp in it is very loose it seems were the conections go together not snug at all is that a problem? it is the rite lamp so i dont know what to do now! please leave any help you mite have
ty belch4me!!

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: toshiba hmy67 50" dlp

Postby BYO » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:12 pm

there is no clicking noise or any funny sounds other than the fan and color wheel.....
:shock: This might be a problem, since you should hear a click each time after color wheel speeds up.
If you dont hear that click, there is a good chance that the ballast is not sending the ignition voltage to the lamp, since it needs to send a pre-charge just for a fraction of second of 5-15Kv in order just to ignite the lamp.

when i put the lamp in it is very loose it seems were the conections go together not snug at all is that a problem?
:? If the cables are not making good contact with the lamp, this will affect the lamp performance for sure. If you purchase a lamp with housing I will really recommend you to take out the new lamp from its housing and install it on your original housing, this will clear all fitment/connection issues.

If situation persist after placing new lamp on your original housing, than it will be most likely a Ballast issue.
[color=#40FF40]Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see. [/color]

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: toshiba hmy67 50" dlp

Postby BYO » Fri May 27, 2011 8:07 pm

ooooooooooooooooooooooook ;)
[color=#40FF40]Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see. [/color]

Return to “Forum Feedback”