Suggest a topic for discussion!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
hemirider
Contributor
Contributor

Help, everyone says lamp but

Postby hemirider » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:45 am

I have a HLR5067 from 2006 and never had to have any work done on it. Then earlier today it seems there is no picture. The unit always has the Standby/Temp red lamp lit when not running. Now if I hit the power the green Lamp lights a couple of times, the Standby flashes once, then the green Lamps indicator begins to blink.

You can hear a click and it starts to spin up, and stays spinning. There is a light from the back of the set, the screen flickers lightly, no sound. It still spins and the light in the back stays lit. Then the green Lamp indicator light stops blinking, goes dark, the light in the back stays on for a few moments, screens still flickers, then it all shuts off, you hear a click and then nothing, dark screen no spinning. It goes back to the red Standby/Temp light. You can not get to any menu or source screen. I have done this a number of times, clean off the back moved it around to get clean air in but the same results.

Any ideas, with it the light coming out of the back it does not seem like the lamp?
MikeB

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Help, everyone says lamp but

Postby grayfox » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:50 am

Have you ever changed the lamp on this set? If not I am pretty sure you might need to replace it by now!
If you have exchanged it already then it might be time to change your ballast. Weak ballasts can ignite an older more “spent” lamp since the mercury quantity might be lower, but has problems when it is replaced with a new mercury rich lamp. A sure way to diagnose this problem is an electronic “arching” sound emitted during ignition, like a buzzing, that is the sound of the ballast not being able to generate the 15kv needed to ignite the lamp. This can also be causing the clicking sound you describe...
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Forum Feedback”