Philips 50PL9126D 50" DLP Lamp Cooling Fan Noise

Got a problem with a projector? A DLP or LCD projector can have common issues. Why don't you check this forum out before running out to buy a brand new projector?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
tinweesel

Philips 50PL9126D 50" DLP Lamp Cooling Fan Noise

Postby tinweesel » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:49 am

I replaced the lamp in my TV a few months ago when it went out (It made it well over the 8000 hour expected life) and everything was great, picture was sharper and brighter than I remembered it being in quite some time. Today, when I turned it on after getting up (I work third shift) it was business as usual until I was out in the kitchen and it suddenly sounded like someone was running the vacuum cleaner (mine is quite loud) in the living room. I came out and it was the TV. I pulled the back off and fired it up again and the sound was coming from the lamp, I took the lamp out and the sound is actually coming from the cooling fan behind the lamp (as far as I can tell). Anyone else run into this problem? It sounds like the fan is out of alignment and there is some forward/backward play on the fan shaft, however side to side seems to be stable. It's now happening every time I turn on the TV, even after letting it rest for an hour or so. If it is the cooling fan for the bulb, does anyone have a part number and suggestion where I should purchase one from? Sorry about the long explanation, I like to be thorough. Thanks!

Return to “Projectors”