green tone to image

Got a problem with a projector? A DLP or LCD projector can have common issues. Why don't you check this forum out before running out to buy a brand new projector?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Louisa80
Contributor
Contributor

green tone to image

Postby Louisa80 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:50 am

Hello Grayfox and crew,

It's been awhile. Things were working great but now we have green tones to everyone faces. Any idea what could be happening?

Thanks,

Loulou

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: green tone to image

Postby grayfox » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:54 pm

Hello Louisa,

Sorry to hear that your viewing experience has been interrupted. I would, right off the bat, attribute this to a faulty colowheel. Before I jump to aimless trouble shooting, could you refresh my memory with what model projector you have (If I remember correctly this was a projector..)? Also if you could explain a little bit in detail any and every malfunction that happens as you power the unit on.

My apologies I am very active in this forum and I loose track of my posts, but I hardly ever forget people!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Nephilim
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Nephilim » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:49 pm

Hi My 2 Cents, I was thinking if it was the colorwheel it probally would not boot up like if it was not spinning.. I am thinking check the HDMI or other way you connect it to the device it may just be a loose video connector.. I have a similar issues on my Projecotr with my PC if it gets loose I get a greenish tint to the picture..

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:48 pm

Hi,

Neph has a point, sorry being a tech i forget to trouble shoot with the small steps first. Please ensure you have a correct connection and that when you "wiggle" the cable around the image does not get better/worse..

Thank you Nephilim.
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Projectors”