jvc hd-ila 61Z585 problem

Got a problem with a projector? A DLP or LCD projector can have common issues. Why don't you check this forum out before running out to buy a brand new projector?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
kdroskinis

jvc hd-ila 61Z585 problem

Postby kdroskinis » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:46 am

After about 5 years of ownership, we have replaced the bulb for our jvc tv. Everything was great, tv powered on and we watched for about 2 hours. We turned the tv off to go out, and several hours later, we turned the tv on. It powered up and received a picture which lasted about ten seconds. Then the screen went black and the red and blue lights began to blink rapidly simultaneously, which means a lamp problem. Since we have put in a new lamp and it is good, we are looking at the ballast as a problem, or at least that is what I have gathered from lots of online research. We have not been able to contact a tv expert as it is a holiday weekend. If the ballast is bad, would we even get a picture? Could there be a problem with the lamp reset? I did not initially do that after replacing the bulb. What else could be the problem? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: jvc hd-ila 61Z585 problem

Postby BYO » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:57 pm

This might be a ballast issue or just a connection issue. Sometimes we slide ins the lamp and makes a connection but not a compelte connection, on you might have symptoms like this. Just try to take out the lamp and put it back in, make sure it goes all the way in and close the lamp door. If there is any surge protectors between the TV and the wall please remove them since it might affect the voltage that lamp receives.

If situation persist you can try the following:
When the TV is flashing lamp, take the lamp out and put it back in close everything on the TV and disconnect the TV from the wall for at least 2hrs.

There is also a good chance you received a defective lamp. :shock:

:mrgreen: Regards,
[color=#40FF40]Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see. [/color]

sss

Postby sss » Sat May 14, 2011 1:11 am

I have the the same problem but my bulb is 8 months old
what was the solution for the problem bulb or ballast.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Fri May 27, 2011 4:04 pm

for a new lamp like the post above I would recommend changing the ballast first like BYO says, for an 8 month old lamp, depending on use and how well ventilated the TV set is, I would try a new lamp first, aftermarket lamps have about a one year lifespan is used everyday.

Hope this helps.
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Projectors”