Philips projection HDTV 50PL9126D 50" DLP NOISE

Got a problem with a projector? A DLP or LCD projector can have common issues. Why don't you check this forum out before running out to buy a brand new projector?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
EQSD

Philips projection HDTV 50PL9126D 50" DLP NOISE

Postby EQSD » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:23 pm

just got the tv from a friend she said the picture doesn't come on..i open it up an took a look at the lamp an it was burnt so i replaced it with a new lamp an now the tv works fine,now i dont know if this is normal but every time i turn on the tv i hear this humming sound,like it sounds like a bumble bee or like some hair clippers but its not loud i dont think its the fan because when i turn off the tv the bumble bee sound goes away an i can quietly hear the cooling fan...should i worry an is this a issue or is it normal????

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Philips projection HDTV 50PL9126D 50" DLP NOISE

Postby grayfox » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:30 am

Hello!
yes this can be one of 2 things,
- a fan that is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced before it causes a component to overheat
- or the colorwheel, which will start to give you hue/tint/color distortion.
The easiest way to diagnose is to open up the back shell and clip the sensor (the one that trips when the shell is removed so that the TV does not ignite with it off) and see if the noise is coming from a fan or a hub that houses the colorwheel (more towards the lamp is pointed)
Be carefull do not touch anything! there is a risk of shock or damage to the TV if you touch any components!
hope these suggestions help!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Projectors”