PHILIPS 42PF7220WA/37 RELAY CLICKS, THEN 7 BLINKS.

Plasma televisions have come a long way and are becoming more and more common for those who want blacker blacks, and amazing picture quality!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
morales6
Contributor
Contributor

PHILIPS 42PF7220WA/37 RELAY CLICKS, THEN 7 BLINKS.

Postby morales6 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:44 am

Hi techs, I'm working in a Philips 42pf7220wa/37,the relay clicks but does not power up, then the front red light pilot blinks 7 times makes a pause then again 7 blinks and so on. first I disconnected the lower buffer to see if that was the problem but the set had the same symptoms then I reconnected the lower buffer and did the same with the upper buffer and did not changed the symptoms. I'm suspecting that the problem is the ysustain board, because when I disconnect it from the power board the set do not shut down, and the green light that is on the power supply board stay on, please if you can give any suggest or tips before order this part I'll appreciate it. thanks in advance.

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Re: PHILIPS 42PF7220WA/37 RELAY CLICKS, THEN 7 BLINKS.

Postby ovadoggvo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:14 pm

Morales,
This is a very common among these TV sets. The problem is most likely the Y-Sustain board. I would check the power going into the Y-SUS and make sure it's around 190VDC with the Y-SUS DISCONNECTED... Then with the X-SUS disconnected check for 190VDC + 60VDC out to X-SUS from Y-SUS.

If the voltage going into Y-SUS is there and voltage from Y-SUS out is not there where X-SUS is disconnected, then you have a bad Y-SUS board.

FYI, the Y-SUS board is a VERY VERY common failing part.

Here is the Y-Sustain at a very reasonable price:
http://www.discount-merchant.com/LJ92-0 ... ku9505.htm

Here is a link to purchase the X-Sustain for very cheap:
http://www.discount-merchant.com/PLASMA ... ku9508.htm

Again, I'm only linking you to a part provider that I have experience with solid working parts and good service. I would be wary about purchasing these type of boards from someone without a reputation. Also, there are other parts providers like encomass and partsstore but they want over $250 for each of these parts. In a situation like this, you can buy both boards and replace them to assure you have 2 fully function X and Y-Sus boards for your TV. The two boards combined is cheaper than 1 board you will find from any other reputable dealer.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Return to “Plasma Televisions”