Repairing a Vizio P50HDTV10A

Plasma televisions have come a long way and are becoming more and more common for those who want blacker blacks, and amazing picture quality!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Zeigren

Repairing a Vizio P50HDTV10A

Postby Zeigren » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:29 am

I got a Vizio P50HDTV10A for free off Craigslist and now I'm trying to fix it! I've done some research and have taken it apart but I'm still unsure what exactly I need to replace and what my best options are. I get a large white column in the center of my display, along with some green lines on the left side when changing inputs. I also noticed some red dots in the bottom right corner when I initially turned on the TV. Here's a video of what the TV looks like .

I've taken the TV apart and there doesn't seem to be any bulged or exploded capacitors anywhere, the only possible damage I could see was some residue and browning on my YSUS board.

Question tiem.
Is the white column from a bad buffer board or could it be something else?
Do I need to replace my YSUS board?
Is it possible that it's just my YSUS board?
If my YSUS board is bad is it possible that it has damaged other components? (XSUS?)
If so how could I tell? Testing?
Where could I get a replacement YSUS board? (I have looked at discount merchant, ebay, shopjimmy they all don't carry my board although people offer repair services on ebay)
What causes the red dots and green lines?

Sorry for the lengthy post just the more I search the more questions I have and the less answers I seem to find.
Thanks for your time! :D

Return to “Plasma Televisions”