LG Plasma 50 inch. LG50PX2dC won't turn on

Plasma televisions have come a long way and are becoming more and more common for those who want blacker blacks, and amazing picture quality!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Wilreyca

LG Plasma 50 inch. LG50PX2dC won't turn on

Postby Wilreyca » Sun May 15, 2011 3:30 pm

While watching TV I heard a POP noise and the quality of the picture went bad. I could see the image but the quality of picture was really. I turned off the TV, then unplugged it from the wall. Turn it on and I got the same. A couple of minutes later I heard another POP noises. This time I decided to keep the TV off. The following day, I tried to it on, but the power light goes from red to green and then to red. TV does not power on any more. I checked for bad caps and I don't see any that are really bulging. I replaced the ones that I wasn't sure if they were bad. Got the same result. When I plug it and turn it, I see some LEDs turning on boards, but after it power one goes from red to green to red the first time, then the inside ones do not light up again until I unplug the power cord for a few minutes.

Please advise.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: LG Plasma 50 inch. LG50PX2dC won't turn on

Postby grayfox » Mon May 30, 2011 11:14 pm

its more likely your X and Y sustain boards, can you describe the distortion on the image??
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Plasma Televisions”