Screen flashing in multiple colours

Plasma televisions have come a long way and are becoming more and more common for those who want blacker blacks, and amazing picture quality!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Lauras

Screen flashing in multiple colours

Postby Lauras » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:22 pm

I recently purchased a PCB - Y-SUSTAIN FOR MAGNAVOX 42ME231D for my TV which is a is a Phillips 42PF7320A.

I installed it and the TV turned on (It didn't do that before, this is why I ordered the part). Now when the TV is turned on, the screen flashes ( On/OFF) in multiple colors (like a sparkler).

Might the problem be the new card?

The original problem why I purchased the part was that it just turned off and never came back on. The red LED would flash 7 times and then would stop.

I appreciate any help! Thanks!

Eddie

Re: Screen flashing in multiple colours

Postby Eddie » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:53 am

--

Eddie

guitarman051
Contributor
Contributor

Postby guitarman051 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:48 am

Hey there Howard here, now I have a Maxent 42" Plasma I use for Bedroom TV and computer monitor, helps the old eyes see better, LOL.Since it seems like a lot of these old plasmas have a lot of the same problems, AKA alot of manufactures seem to use the same parts alot have the same type problem and here is what I have learned. Maxent some time back ago told me the problem was in the main board even though not the main board itself the signal receiver was hunting for the input signal. Even though mine is not that bad and I can live with it for now, when first turned on signal or should say color screen flickers with flashing colored lights and gets less with in 30 seconds to the most 1 minute after that the picture is great and I could not ask for better. I was told the main board was $225.00 which included $50.00 core charge and this would take care of my problem. Funny thing shortly after hanging up with maxent a repair guy called me, very nice young man said he had been called by Maxent and he could fix my problem for $175.00 parts and labor, shoot and lost his number. I also have done a lot of checking and found out if the X/Z Sustain board replaced along with the upper and lower buffer boards this would take care of the problem also, Hmmm.
Well I am like the rest of the united states out of work for last 2 1/2 years and being almost 57 years of age, its hard to get work. So I am starting my own business and doing this kinda stuff on the side and having farely good luck at that. You really need to check into this problem before just buying parts it could be more $$$ if you don't watch out, Howard has spoken, LOL, :lol:

Samsungtech
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Postby Samsungtech » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:16 am

If you replaced the saustain board Y-Main... and now you have red dots what you have its called "difussion" you need to adjust the bias voltage on the Ymain - also make sure the VA- VS voltages are as posted on the sticker on the back of the panel, the VS and VA are located on the power supply..

Return to “Plasma Televisions”