Moderator: LutemaAmbassador

Forum rules
cozwurth
Contributor
Contributor

Mid-size Heli hover question

Postby cozwurth » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:39 pm

Hello,

I just purchased a mid-size heli last week while in San Diego for work. The first couple of times I flew it, it would hover fine, and I was able to use the adjustment on the remote to keep it from spinning. Since this is my first RC heli, my flying skills leave a lot to be desired. I crashed it into the ceiling in the hotel room a couple of times before I moved out into the center hallway where I had plenty of room to fly. The last time I flew it, it would not hover steady. It would swing around slowly, like it was suspended from a string. Kind of like a pendulum. When I got home with it, it was doing the same thing, right up until I crashed into the couch. The pins holding the upper rotor blades to the shaft broke, leaving the blades loose on the shaft. The crash into the couch was much lighter than any previous crash into the ceiling. Is it possible that one of the pins could have been broken, causing the gyro to have trouble stabilizing the heli? I already ordered the replacement parts, so I won't be able to find out how it flies until they come in.

Thanks!
RC Heli crasher extraordinaire...

cozwurth
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Mid-size Heli hover question

Postby cozwurth » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:46 am

Well,

My parts came in the other day. The main shaft is a larger diameter than the one that broke, so I had to open up the hole in one of the bronze (?) bushings and the drive gear to get it installed. I'm guessing that the larger diameter shaft is an upgrade? Anyway, after my battery charged I tried flying it again. Same issue. Not able to get a stable hover. It still moves around like it is hanging from a string. It initially hovered fine. Any ideas?
RC Heli crasher extraordinaire...

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Mid-size Heli hover question

Postby grayfox » Fri May 23, 2014 12:09 am

Hello,

I do not know much about RC helicopters, but it seems to me to either got the incorrect replacement part, or something went wrong during the install.. I was looking at the site it looks like they have warranty, maybe you should give them a call?

Sorry I am not of much help my area of expertise is DLP TVs!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Lutema Mid-Sized R/C Helicopter”