Panasonic PT-43LC14 Shuts Off After 5 Minutes

LCD Television technology has been around for a long time, but it keeps getting better. If you have a brighter room, LCD televisions will do a much better job at giving you excellent picture quality.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
CaptainTrap
Contributor
Contributor

Panasonic PT-43LC14 Shuts Off After 5 Minutes

Postby CaptainTrap » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:31 am

I have done extensive research on this topic and have been unable to turnover any useful information regarding my specific issue. Here are the details:

-One day TV works great, next morning TV turns on and shuts itself off 5 minutes later.
-Unplug power cable for 5 minutes, plug it back in, TV turns on and shuts off within 5 minutes.
-Upon automatic shutdown TV displays a pattern of blinking LEDS
-LED Pattern is: Power LED blinks 1 time each second Lamp LED blinks 1 time every 5 seconds
-Lamp is less than 4 months old

I have tried to use the automatic wizard on this site to trouble shoot however panasonic is not listed as a manufacturer.

I am aware that this may be a lamp, ballast, power supply (one, both, or all) issue but I do not know how to determine which one may be causing the issue.

I have inspected the fans and all are operational, I have inspected the capacitors on the power supply and none are mushroomed or leaking. I have also inspected the Ballast and have found nothing to be visually wrong with the IC Board.

I have found Ballast repair Kits for the 50" version of this TV but I do not know if the components are interchangable with the 43" ballast.

I understand this TV is old however do to its size and picture quality as of several days ago I am reluctant to chuck it and buy a new one. Also due to its age I am reluctant to spend $100 on a new lamp only to find out it needs a new ballast for another $100 only to find out it needs a new power supply for another $100, I think you see my point.

I am good with my hands and have plenty of experience with soldering IC boards and repairing electronics.

Thank you all for the help!

Return to “LCD Televisions”