DYNEX LCD37 HALF PICTURE (LEFT SIDE)

LCD Television technology has been around for a long time, but it keeps getting better. If you have a brighter room, LCD televisions will do a much better job at giving you excellent picture quality.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
morales6
Contributor
Contributor

DYNEX LCD37 HALF PICTURE (LEFT SIDE)

Postby morales6 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:10 am

hi techs, I have a DINEX LCD37 that shows only half picture (left side) I have checked the two ribbons connectors that comes from the panel and connect to the logic board for any bad connection but all seems be ok, the panel lit ok but when I connect any signal like antena or video, the set shows only half screen. any suggest or idea will be appreciate it. thanks in advance. jose

Eddie

Re: DYNEX LCD37 HALF PICTURE (LEFT SIDE)

Postby Eddie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:24 pm

Hi Jose,

Is there anyway you can take a photo of the TV? Is it exactly half of the picture? Is the picture only being lit up on the left side and not on the right or are you not getting picture period? These things will help narrow down the possibilities. Also, what's the exact model number of the unit?
--

Eddie

morales6
Contributor
Contributor

Postby morales6 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:21 pm

Hi Eddie, thanks for your respond. the complete screen lit up, but only shows exactly half picture when I connect the antena or any video in put. model no. DX-LCD37. thanks again.

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby Crowell » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:08 pm

Ok, it is very common issue on these Dynex LCD TVs that the connector (especially the flat one) that goes from the Logic board to the LCD is loose, how ever you can try and clean it with clean cloth dipped in alcohol, just to make sure no rust is in there. If still nothing happens then my second recommendation is to change the logic board, you might want to search for it buy part number, try this guys first, they have very low prices: http://www.discount-merchant.com/
And worst case scenario, it’s the LCD, if that’s the case the I would suggest you buy a new TV, the LCD cost above 350 bucks. Good luck.
Knowledge is the one true power

morales6
Contributor
Contributor

Postby morales6 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:47 am

Hi crowel, thanks for your suggest, I already have cleaned the logic board connector and did not helped, and I did order a new logic board from these guys. I''ll let you know later. thanks again.

morales6
Contributor
Contributor

Postby morales6 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi crowel. the set finally is fixed, the problem was the logic board I ordered the part from DM. thanks again for your help. Jose.

Return to “LCD Televisions”