Sony Bravia KDL-32S3000 blinks off / on

LCD Television technology has been around for a long time, but it keeps getting better. If you have a brighter room, LCD televisions will do a much better job at giving you excellent picture quality.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
suspendedhatch

Sony Bravia KDL-32S3000 blinks off / on

Postby suspendedhatch » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:25 am

I have a Sony Bravia 32 inch LCD that I bought new from Best Buy a few years ago. After about 4-5 hours of viewing, the tv will act like someone has switched it off and on again rapidly. The picture goes black, then comes back immediately with the menu display info bar that comes up for 5 seconds when you turn the tv on. It does this maybe every 45 mins or so after that.

Also, the sound has started to distort. This is especially noticeable when music is playing from an ad jingle etc. It's like the frequency changes pitch and then back again. Again, it does this after the tv has been on awhile.

Very infrequently, when you turn off the set it will turn itself back on. It has done this for a long time. Sometimes I wait for the click sound that occurs about 15 seconds after shut down just to make sure it's going to stay off.

I regularly blow the dust out of the tv with compressed air.

Thanks for any input.

Return to “LCD Televisions”