Samsung HLS4666WX/XAA White dots on pic/screen

LCD Television technology has been around for a long time, but it keeps getting better. If you have a brighter room, LCD televisions will do a much better job at giving you excellent picture quality.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
jenn218

Samsung HLS4666WX/XAA White dots on pic/screen

Postby jenn218 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:55 pm

Just recently my samsung started having little white specks/dots on the screen/picture...it seems to get worse every time the tv is turned on (which isn't often).

Does anyone know what is causing this and if it will be able to be repaired?

Thank you!

Samsung
Model: HLS4666WX/XAA
Version PB02

Samsungtech
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Re: Samsung HLS4666WX/XAA White dots on pic/screen

Postby Samsungtech » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:10 am

This is NOT an LCD Tv and posted in the wrong forum perhaps.. HLS series is a DLP TV and what you have is a bad DLP chip.. contact Samsung even though it is out of warranty they will still fix it.

def
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung HLS4666WX/XAA White dots on pic/screen

Postby def » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:17 pm

As indicated, your TV uses a dLp chip to produce the picture on the screen. The technology developed by Texas Instruments is fascinating however, it is no longer used in home TV receivers. Next time your visit an Imax theater, you'll be experiencing dLp technology at its finest.

Here's what you'll need to fix your TV;

1- Screwdriver

2- New dLp chip. I procured mine from Shopjimmy.com. Good price and very good service.

3- Work space (I used the kitchen table).

Visit Youtube for details about replacing the dLp chip in your Samsung. It is not challenging nor particularly expensive. For a 720P receiver, the chip is less than $100.00, for a 1080p receiver, about $200.00. Your chip likely failed due to excess heat so, carefully vacuum your chassis and cabinet clean of dust before your button it up.

Return to “LCD Televisions”