replaced lamp..not fixed?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Deestv

replaced lamp..not fixed?

Postby Deestv » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:55 pm

I followed instructions to replace my lamp in my misubishi wd-52725. The TV was dark and when I took out the lampit was brokeninside. I put the new one in and still I get the blinking yellow light and nothing else....I pushed in the reset button and I must've missed something, please help! Thanks, Dee

Deestv

Re: replaced lamp..not fixed?

Postby Deestv » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:32 pm

I popped off the front cover, unscrewed and took off the cover before the lamp housing. The lamp housing has a handle and 3 screws. I took it out, reomoved old lamp, put new in housing exactly like I took old one out. I slid it back in the tv and I get nothing execpt a flashing yellow light...no sound, nothing. The fan doesnt turn on either. I unplugged it a few times and pushed in the reset next to the flashing light. I can't get to the back of the tv till someone comes over to help me pull it out! Thanks

guitarman051
Contributor
Contributor

Postby guitarman051 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:13 am

guitarman051
Contributor
Contributor

Postby guitarman051 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:17 am

Chavid

Postby Chavid » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:40 am

Here's my similar situation: I've bought two factory replacement lamps...no knock-offs. The first one didn't work at all, but the 2nd one did...sort of. It will flicker until it turns on, then it will turn off after about 20 seconds on average (never get a picture to display when it's on, not even a menu screen, so I'm not sure how I could reset the lamp timer in this case). Keeps doing this for the allotted 8 attempts. Now, I've already replaced the ballast, ballast power supply, door switch, and the lamp temperature sensor, and it's still doing the same thing... flashing yellow with a solid blue power light until the dreaded red light appears. The guide keeps saying the same thing: It's the lamp technology. So, at this point, I'm at a loss. This is so frustrating. :x Any thoughts?
To note: I lost the lamp door cover during a move; however, the door switch has been manipulated to always stay in the 'on' position, which prevents a solid yellow light, and the warning voice from saying 'lamp door is open' . And from my understanding, if it's not 'on'...lamp won't power up at all, which isn't my problem. I never dreamt finding a replacement door (part 75008454) would be so difficult; I've looked everywhere online. I should mention: At start-up, periodically, I do hear a few clicks, like a taser, even after I'd replaced all the hardware mentioned above. I don't hear a high-pitch sound, however, which I've learned should be the color wheel activating...assuming that that description is accurate. I really don't want to sink much more money into it by assuming another replacement piece of hardware will fix the issue. I really need to know what's causing this problem. Please help! :( Thanks! -Chavid

guitarman051
Contributor
Contributor

Postby guitarman051 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:58 am

Ok you are hearing an ark sound, hmm said the Blind guy as he walked by the fish store. I really hate to comment becaused I do not like putting part after part in it gets expensive and then you are not really saving then are you? Well had a customer, a friend of mine that I bought a Philips bulb for him, Well it didn't at all for him. Well after having him call I told him to pull the balast and check the balast connector at balast to bulb and sure enough the the connector had been dislodged and I had him to reinstall installed and connect correctly and shure enough his Samsung came back to life again. Now other than that if it does not still work finf a local repair vender and have then inspect.

Later
Howard

meetemiobjels
Contributor
Contributor

replaced lamp not fixed

Postby meetemiobjels » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:22 pm

Few users reported videos not playing on the site after the HD video player update. The player was just displaying the buffering text. This issue has been fixed. If you notice any other issues, please post here.

Return to “All About Lamps”