DLP Turns Iteslf Off and Makes Noise

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
coke2g

DLP Turns Iteslf Off and Makes Noise

Postby coke2g » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:57 am

Hello I have a 42 inch Samsung DLP and after i turn it on a couple minutes later it turns itself off and then when i turn it on again it makes a loud humming noise or buzzing i guess u can call it...Any Ideas on this issue please advise and would be greatly appreciated...

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: DLP Turns Iteslf Off and Makes Noise

Postby grayfox » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:44 pm

hello,
99% of the time these symptoms are caused by a ballast (if you have a new lamp in your tv).
If your lamp has been in your tv for around a year or it seems burnt, fogged or damaged, this might eb eindicating you need a new lamp.
hope this helps!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

onedayatatime
Contributor
Contributor

Re: DLP Turns Iteslf Off

Postby onedayatatime » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:59 pm

I have a 2 year old Samsung DLP 56" TV (Model Code--HL56A650C1FXZA), that turns on and off by itself. It cycles every couple of seconds, but never stays on long enough to even get an idea where the trouble may be.

I've removed the back panel, and vacuumed , and air blown off everything I could; including removing and cleaning the lamp. All moving parts (fans and wheels) are operating; I set the little blue switch under the lamp cover, as required, during cover replacement.

What might cause the sets continuous on/off trouble???

HELP!!! I'm lost here.

Thanks much, in advance!!!

Steven'

Return to “All About Lamps”